In a recent post on online video marketing on this blog we showed you a simple way to create a series of online videos.
What we did not show you at that time was a method for distributing the videos around the web to get them seen.
This video will show you a strategy for getting basic visibility on the online videos you create. If you like what you see then do not forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel – link at the end of the video.
If for any reason you had difficulty viewing the video here is the transcript:
In our last video we discussed how to create a series of videos and to get them on your blog and on YouTube to help raise awareness of your business.
This video will show you how to leverage social media tools to promote your online video blog.
Follow these 3 simple steps:
1) Distribute your videos to additional video platforms such as Vimeo and Metacafe using Heyspreader or Oneload. Again ensure that all of these have descriptions that link back to your website’s blog post with the video on.
2) Share the links to the blog posts on all of the social networks that you use – Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ or any other niche networks that work for you.
3) Use a browser plug in such as Addthis or Shareaholic to share your blog posts on web bookmarking sites – at a minimum you should be sending to Reddit, Delicious, Digg and Stumble Upon.
If you submit your 10 videos to 10 video platforms then you will have 100 videos on the web in addition to the main 10 videos on your blog. If you then share a link to the 10 videos on your blog to 10 social bookmarking sites and 4 social networks then you will have your videos publicised in 240 locations from a single original filming session.
Now we will take you through 2 tips on using your website and your subscribers to help promote the content.
Do these 2 things:
1) If you have a support/help/FAQ section on your website then list your 10 original questions here and link to the blog posts containing the videos.
2) Send an email out to your database of past customers/subscribers explaining that you have put together the series of videos to help support them in using your product/service – this will get the initial social activity going.
Social media is most effective when you leverage your current customers and supporters so these 2 tips should help you to both win some brownie points with your customers AND get your customers to help promote you.
If you have any specific questions then you can leave them below this video on our blog. If you are watching this on Youtube or elsewhere then please click the link in the description below to come to our blog and leave your question there; I will get back to you within 48 hours.